Data protection principles
I follow these data protection principles:
- Processing is done with minimal data. I only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. I always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data.
- I will provide you with information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to a purpose and fits the purpose for which the Personal Data was gathered.
- I will do my best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- I will do my best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
What data is collected?
The following data may be collected when you use this website.
- Name and Email Address: This information is provided by you when you send me a message through the website’s contact form, subscribe to my newsletter mailing list, or place an order.
- Anonymized IP Address: This is collected automatically for analytical purposes. You can opt out at the bottom of this page.
- Payments: Payment processing is provided by PayPal and Stripe. Your payment details are never seen or stored by librewave.com.
- Order data: A record of any orders you place at librewave.com is stored. This includes the product(s) purchased, the method of payment, your billing address, email address, name, and IP address.
How your data may be used
I will only use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing you with products and services that you have requested and communicating with you in relation to those products and services.
- Providing you with promotional items at your request.
- Communicating and interacting with you.
- Notifying you of changes to any services.
- Internal record keeping.
- To fulfil my obligations for any contract entered into with you.
- To ensure my website is up to date and presented in a manner suitable for you and your computer.
- To provide you with information about products or services that I believe may be of interest to you (always with an opt-out option).
- To fulfil any legal obligation.
How your data is secured
I do my best to keep your Personal Data safe. I use secure protocols such as SSL for communication and transferring data, I use automatic anonymising where possible, and I delete all analytical logs after 6 months. The website is automatically monitored for attacks and will lock down if any are detected.
Despite my best efforts I cannot guarantee the security of information stored on this website’s server. However, I promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. I will also notify you if there is a threat to your data, rights, or interests.
Disclosure of information
I will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless:
- Required by law to do so.
- To detect or prevent fraud.
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that your request under the Rights of Access is refused you will be provided with a reason as to why.
- Right to withdraw consent – in certain circumstances you have the right to withdraw your consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Unlike most websites librewave.com hosts its own analytics using Matomo. The following features help to protect your privacy:
- Your browsing activity while visiting librewave.com is not sent to any third-party companies. It is only stored on the website’s server.
- Your logged IP address is automatically anonymized
- Analytical logs are automatically deleted after 6 months.
- The website respects your browser’s Do Not Track setting if you have this enabled.
Collecting analytical data is important for me because it helps me see how my visitors use this website, which areas are popular, and highlights the parts that could be better. This overall picture helps me to improve the website and give you a better experience. However your privacy is more important: The status message below will tell you if your data is used by librewave.com for analytical purposes and if it is you’ll have the option to opt-out.